Friday, March 13, 2009

It's Britney, bitch

(While the above phrase is completely played out, it's hard not to use it when you're talking about the Queen!)

It all started at the age of 13. I remember in my YM magazine there was an ad for a CD by this girl who spelled Britney differently than I'd ever seen it before. I wondered in my head who she was and figured it was pretty lame that she had an ad in a magazine to promote her CD. (Seriously, I remember thinking all of this.) But it wasn't long until I heard "...Baby, One More Time" and it infected me. I needed more of this Britney Spears girl and I quickly bought the CD. Of course I could relate to every song, imagining my crush at the time while belting out "Born to Make You Happy" and "From the Bottom of My Broken Heart." So dramatic. I couldn't help but grooooove to "Soda Pop." I don't think you can call yourself a true fan until you've heard "E-mail My Heart" and still play the CD. I also loved all her videos. To this day, "Crazy" is one of my all time favorite videos; I always wanted that green top she wore in it.

Next came "Oops!..." and I was hooked. Britney Spears was on top of the world and that included my world. From her movie debut and all of her music, she was IT for me, because at the mature age of sixteen I related to her, as I, too, was "Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman."

The Dream Within a Dream tour was my first concert - one I'll never forget. The dancing, the outfits, the effects were all amazing.

Then came "In the Zone." My least favorite from the Britser. What was this "Touch of My Hand" and "Breathe On Me" nonsense? I loved the bubblegum, pigtail, pop music girl (as a sophomore in college I probably should have been over that phase) and she was becoming a Woman! I didn't like this. After that was the cancelled Onyx Hotel tour and the marraige to some bum and two kids popped out. Downward spiral, here we go. But, I still followed her, I still supported her - I never gave up.

Divorce came. I cheered! I knew she was totally going to be back to the days of a toned belly, catchy pop songs and brilliant dance moves. Those things didn't come though. Instead it was partying with Paris, showing off her Little Britney and clubbing the nights away. I remember when I first saw the photos of her shaved head - I panicked. Her meltdown wasn't in her comeback plans, in my mind.

Even throughout rehab, wigs, Osama Lutfi and Adnan, the crazy British accent, the fugg boots and stained clothing and the "Gimme More" MTV performance, I still supported her. I couldn't give up on my favorite female singer of all time.

Thankfully she slowly got her act together (Thank you Mr. Jamie Spears), and then came Circus. Ohhh myyyy gooooosh, what was this present to my ears? Every song, amazing. I could picture the dance moves and outfits for the videos. This was it, back on top!!!!

After weeks of reveling in the amazement of Circus, I was doing my daily celebrity stalking on Perez one morning and saw she was definitely going on tour. And coming HERE! Needless to say, tickets were bought ASAP. It seemed like the concert would never come and I was terrified that it'd be cancelled. But on March 8, she brought it hardcore and she was back. The show was Amazing. Life changing, one might say.

There are few people I have met that have the same passion for BritBrit like I do, and only they can understand it. Some sort of phenomenon I suppose. An infection that you can't get rid of.

I can't wait to see more from Britney and I know she'll be around forever, like Madonna but a million times better.

No comments:

Post a Comment