Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A day at The Office

I make it a point to not discuss work on my blog. It's just not professional and I don't enjoy mixing my personal and professional lives. However, I MUST share this story from today. I'm going to use names from the show The Office to distinguish the real life characters. They will be Dwight, Andy and Kelly. And Pam pretty much defines my every day life.

So it begins in the breakroom. Andy doesn't usually eat lunch in there, but today he did for whatever reason. So at 12:30, like clockwork, Kelly and I went into the breakroom to eat. As we're both warming up our food in the microwave, Dwight walks in and asks what everyone is eating. Why it's necessary for him to know what we're eating, I'm not really sure. So, turns out that Kelly and I had both brought meatloaf. Random but funny.

After we each announce what we're eating, Dwight proceeds to tell us about something he recently saw on TV about eating meat. Whatever stupid show he saw, it apparently said that the human body doesn't need meat and blah blah blah. Oh, also that people live longer if they don't eat meat. Really? Because I don't fucking care. I'll die when I'm supposed to die and I don't need you telling me what I shouldn't be eating to keep me living past 90-years-old.

Dwight and Andy began debating about this back and forth.


Andy, very carefully and without being rude, seemed to be saying exactly what I was thinking. Dwight made himself sound like an idiot while lingering around. Kelly jumped in here and there to validate points, while I kept my head down reading my newspaper. Kelly knows me well enough to know I was annoyed and just wanted to eat lunch in peace without this idiotic conversation going on and without them in the room. She gave me a slant of the eye and we both smirked.

Finally something funny happend. Dwight said, "We'll I've been a juicer for about 7 years and that works well for me." Kelly shot back with, "Isn't that code for HEROIN?" I couldn't stop laughing on the inside. I tried not to show it on the outside.

Dwight finally retreated and left the breakroom, after wasting about 20 minutes of my peaceful lunch hour. And me, being Pam, just has this look on my face the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment