Sunday, August 30, 2009

Book club


So Best Friend started a book club a few months ago and it's turned out to be something I really look forward to each month! We've read three books now (well, I've only read two, oops) and our next one sounds like it'll be a fun read. The last two books we read were Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah and The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.

Firefly Lane was an amazing book. Any female would love it. It is a great representation of friendships, mother/daughter relationships and just growing up. I'd recommend that book to anyone. It's quite long, and I get very intimidated with long books, but it was hard to put down and the length wasn't a problem for me.

The Time Traveler's Wife was very different. We read it so that we could then see the movie and discuss. It's not something I'd recommend to many people. It's confusing because it jumps back and forth through time and characters, and hard to find an attachment to the characters. As for the movie, I wasn't a huge fan; I think mostly because I read the book. A lot was left out, obviously, and movies always seem disappointing after you've read the book.

Next we're going to read The Next Thing On My List by Jill Smolinski. Sounds much more lighthearted than our last two books and I hope to read a happy ending!

No comments:

Post a Comment