Tuesday, August 2, 2011

You'll Never See a Post Like This Again

Anyone who knows me know that I very much dislike Jennifer Lopez, and that's putting it nicely. However, I ran across an article on People about why she walked away from her marraige. This is what she had to say:

"Sometimes we don't realize that we are compromising ourselves. To understand that a person is not good for you, or that that person is not treating you in the right way, or that he is not doing the right thing for himself – if I stay, then I am not doing the right thing for me."

For anyone who has been in a relationship that compromises who you truly are, this is a strong sentiment. I've been in that place before and wish I would have been strong enough to look inside myself enough to know I was compromising who I was at the time. Somtimes you don't realize it until way too late. Good for J.Lo! (and that's the only nice thing I will ever say about her.)

No comments:

Post a Comment