Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tunes

Music is pretty much what gets me through each day - happy, sad, excited, bored, hungry.. whatever the feeling is, I can always find something to fit the mood. So I get TOTALLY pumped when there are CDs that I totally fall in love with. These two have been playing non-stop in my car for the past few weeks. (Scratch that: HAD BEEN playing non-stop in my car for the past few weeks, until Brit Brit finally graced us with her presence!! More to come on that little gem.)

First up is Sara Bareilles' Kaleidoscope Heart:

Not every song is my favorite but some of them seem like she crawled inside my brain and read my thoughts and feelings. I love hearing songs that I can relate to so well, it's like free therapy.

Next is Nicki Minaj's Pink Friday:

I promised myself I'd never give into her... but it just happend- she infiltrated my brain. Kind of like Gaga did, which is funny because she's kind of like a black Lady Gaga. Anyway, I love the mix of her singing and rapping and the way she changes her voice adds so much to her songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment