Monday, November 23, 2009

Push the limit. Are you with it? Baby, don't be afraid.

I didn't watch last season of American Idol, except for a few episodes. The few times I saw Adam Lambert perform I wanted to cut my ears off. He needs to be on Broadway performing, not in concert.

So last night the American Music Awards were on. I kept hearing all this hype about Adam Lambert's big performance coming up and they saved it for the finale of the show. I wondered how it'd be so great because he's just some American Idol alum. Aren't they always safe?

Ummm. . . COR-RECT-SHUN. Apparently not all American Idol alum are safe. Apparently some really do have a wild side and know how to step outside of the box. And apparently it's the fagulous ones.

GLAMbert shocked me. He wowed me. He enticed me. I still think his singing is horrible, but his performance was awesome. I absolutely love when it's not only about the singing, but it's also about the performance. Whether it's to prove a point or to shock people or to show you what the true meaning of the song is, I think it shows how much a singer cares about what they are doing when there is an actual SHOW being put on.

I thought it was hilarious and amazing at the same time that on NATIONAL TELEVISION Adam Lambert did the things he did. Yes, it was not family friendly, but ABC should have previewed it first to be sure there wouldn't be a problem.

I love performances that are over-the-top, shocking and exciting. That's the whole point of the entertainment industry, right? I agree it was daring and vulgar, but I also think it was brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment