Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Thoughts you probably won't like

I will try to keep most of this blog away from any political conversation (because, let's face it - no one agrees on anything), but as I'm watching the Olympics, the announcer just let America know that President Obama called Michael Phelps to congratulate him on being the most decorated Olympian.

While I am happy for Michael Phelps and proud of his contributions to America, I just think that the President of the United States of America has a little bit more to do than make a phone call like that.

#stoptryingtobethe'cool'president  YES. I SAID IT.

While I will NOT go on record saying I don't support our president -- I truly believe that all presidents should be respected by the country, no matter political party -- I just feel like that other, more important, phone calls could have occupied his time in that moment.

2 comments:

  1. As you know, I am one liberal chica but I do agree that he is totally try to win "coolest president" ever with all of his pop culture involvement. It.Is.Annoying. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you!! i'm so glad we can agree on something political.. lol :)

    ReplyDelete