Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I hate. . .

. . .girls that shotgun beers. Now I should clarify- maybe it's not all girls that shotgun beers that I think are stupid, but any female above the age of 22 that is still shotgunning a beer to show what she can do is one that  would fall into this category. I give that specific age because whatever is done in college just... doesn't count... and everyone needs one year of wiggle room after we graduate, as we all border that fine line of what's appropriate and what's not after those years of acceptable irresponsibility.

I have personally never shotgunned a beer. Am I missing out on piece of my journey in life? Possibly. But, I knew I'd make a mess of myself if I ever tried, so I left it to the pros - which always seemed to be the boys. In my opinion, that's always kind of a 'boy' thing to do. I feel like if a girl is shotgunning a beer, she's trying to keep up with the guys around her and/or maybe trying to impress the boy she has a crush on. I'm pretty sure no boy in the history of life decided who his wife would be based on the sole reason of how well she tried to keep up with the men.

Now I know I'm not one to be giving tips on how to impress the fellas, but I do feel like this little tidbit would be beneficial for all the ladies out there: no matter how skinny you are, no matter how cute your Forever 21 dress that you have on is, no matter how much makeup you have on, no matter how young and fun you think you still are, and no matter how hard you try... punching a hole in a beer can and then chugging it as you spill all over yourself and potentially slice your lip open is NEVER a good look.
Blanche's side eye says it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment