Friday, February 27, 2009

No, 34% of women are just that easy

I make it no secret that I'm a Paris Hilton fan. I don't really understand where all the negative press comes from against her. She gets paid to party, and she admits it. What is so wrong with that? Anyone in her shoes would take that job. What people don't seem to realize is that she is a character for the cameras and she does a great job at putting on a show. I see no shame in that and it obviously rakes in some serious cash.

On to my point - I just read an article about how 34% of women are likely to be intimate with a man within just 6 hours after meeting them. The person that did this study coins the findings as the Paris Hilton Effect. His reasoning is that "Hollywood and the media have really set the stage for this to be a reality. Every other image the average woman sees is of a major celebrity flashing their underwear or hanging on the arm of a different man every night." (http://news.yahoo.com/s/prweb/20090227/bs_prweb/prweb2191844)

I disagree. Why is it Paris' fault for these women being slutty? If 34% of women want to hop into bed with a man they barely know, it's because they are skanky and have no class, not because a celebrity is pictured with male friends.

1 comment: